Tourism Excellence Programme 2022
Opens for application 1st June 2022
Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council continues to support our tourism businesses by delivering for a third time, the Tourism Excellence Programme in collaboration with our Alchemy business mentoring programme.
We acknowledge the challenges in the tourism industry and want to support our tourism businesses to explore opportunities for growth and diversification by offering a review of your business strategy and your marketing collateral.
The programme consists of 5 elements and will be delivered from June to October 2022:
- Completion of a digital audit
- Bespoke mentoring on brand/content development
- Bespoke mentoring on business strategy development
- Marketing materials produced (depending on need identified)
Previous candidates have described this opportunity as:
- it breathed new life into my business
- thought provoking and motivational
- helped me to identify target markets
- showed me how to reach my target audience in a more effective and engaging way
- it highlighted the benefits of having a long-term cost plan
- To have an experienced mentor ask the right targeted questions was very useful in establishing a more focussed attitude to my business
- The ability to access the expertise of an experienced business mentor was invaluable as it made me really rethink about my priorities, my marketing strategy and my plans going into the future
Need inspiration to proceed to the application process?
The Tourism Excellence Programme has been fantastic for The Chocolate Manor. The one-to-one mentoring really helped us to identify a realistic and achievable strategy as we emerge from COVID. The programme provided practical support with tangible outcomes that instantly made an impact to our business. The expertise of the team delivering is extensive and every element of the programme has been so beneficial. Geri Martin The Chocolate Manor
The programme will commence in mid-June 2022 and must be completed by the 31st October 2022.
The Tourism Excellence Programme will be delivered through Council’s Alchemy business mentoring programme. This project is part funded by Invest Northern Ireland and the European Regional Development Fund under the Investment for Growth & Jobs Northern Ireland (2014-2020) Programme. It is also part funded by Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.
Prior to making your application please download the Programme Content and Application Guidance notes at the bottom of this page. Applicants should note this is a competitive application process and demand is expected to be high. Please ensure you provide complete and comprehensive answers to all the questions.
The closing date for applications will be 5pm on Monday 13th June 2022.
Thank you for your interest in taking part.
Tourism Team, Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council