Frequently Asked Questions

Sub Menu

Local Authority

Please note that these pages are part of the corporate website of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, please visit the homepage to view the wide range of information available to you. The following quick links have been included for your reference. 

Q. Where can I view a map of the Council boundaries and wards?

A. This is the boundary map for Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.

Q. Who are my local Councillors?

A. Names and contact details for Causeway Coast and Glens Councillors.

Q. How can I contact Planning?

A. Planning department Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council

Q. What are the bin collection days for my self-catering property?

A. Bin collection calendars

Q. How do I know if my accommodation should have business or domestic rates?

A. Find out more about rates for tourist accommodation here.

Q. Where can I find out about pavement cafe licensing? 

A. Pavement cafes are becoming a familiar sight across the UK and Ireland and a license is required to operate.

Digital Resources

Q. What digital resources can I use to promote the Causeway Coast and Glens to visitors?

A. Consumer Website: Visit Causeway Coast and Glens

Media Libraries:

Northern Ireland’s New Content Pool

Causeway Coast and Glens YouTube Channel

Digital Story Maps: 

Places to Visit

Game of Thrones

Download visitor guides

Q. How can I find out more about screen tourism in Northern Ireland?

A. NI has become a popular filming location with fans now visiting sites where their favourite drama has been shot making screen tourism an important source of revenue for the industry.


Q. Where can I find out about Brexit in relation to my tourism business?

A. Please see Tourism NI guidance on Brexit

Industry General

Q. What government departments are involved in tourism?

A. As tourism is a diverse industry comprising of a number of sectors, there are a number of departments involved.

Department of the Econnomy - Tourism Liaison Branch is the Departmental Sponsor Branch for Tourism NI and Tourism Ireland

Department for Communities - Public Record Office of NI, Museums and Libraries, Historic Environment etc

Department for Infrastructure  - Planning, Active Travel, Waterways etc

Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs - Angling, Biodiversity, Rural Development, Forestry, Marine etc

Department of Finance - Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA)

Q. Is there an industry association that represents my tourism business?

A. In addition to Tourism Northern Ireland and the Northern Ireland Tourism Alliance, there are a number of sectoral tourism organisations also. These include accommodation, activity, tour guiding and hospitality.

Q. Are there organisations pertaining directly to craft development?

A. Yes, Craft NI and Craft Tourism

Q. What quality mark or grading scheme is available for my tourism business?

A. Tourism NI operate an a quality grading scheme.