What do we do?
Supporting the Borough's Tourism and Hospitality Businesses
Council have a major role to play in the development of the tourism industry in the borough and in promoting Causeway Coast and Glens to our key target markets.
Our focus is on:
- Generating more visitors, motivating them to spend longer and visit throughout the year
- Developing initiatives that will encourage growth in specific sectors and enhance the area’s tourism provision
- Supporting our tourism operators and encourage new businesses to be more competitive, innovative and experiential
- Establishing a Destination Management Organisation within the Council area
- Carrying out research
- Monitoring tourism activity
Tourism is a key economic activity and a major prosperity driver for the area. Visitors not only contribute to the social and cultural life of the Borough but also bring money into the local economy, an estimated expenditure on overnight trips of £192 million in 2019. The number of estimated overnight trips to the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough in 2019 was 1,095,000.
The Tourism Destination Team includes specialisms in: