Supporting Business Growth and Physical Regeneration in the Causeway Coast and Glens
The Prosperity & Place Team manages the following programmes:
- Council’s business development and support programmes
- Regeneration programmes for the Borough’s main towns
Our Programmes cover the following areas:
- Small Business Development - including social enterprise, business start, and business mentoring
- Town and Village Management - which looks after town centres and retail engagement
- Strategic Projects - including telecommunications, energy, workforce development, the Enterprise Zone, Growth Deal
- Regeneration - including development of masterplans for our main town centres as well as occasional village schemes
- Occasional Funding Programmes - as they become available from central government.
Our work is guided by an Economic Development Strategy, which runs until 2035, and is reviewed annually.
- Economic development planning is not only a cornerstone of the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council's ethos, it enables us to engage community leaders, leverage involvement of the private sector, and establish a strategic blueprint for regional collaboration.
- The Prosperity and Place team provides the foundation from which the public sector, working in conjunction with other economic stakeholders, can create the environment for regional economic prosperity.
- The current focus of this strategy is “Recovery and Renewal”, reflecting the difficult times which COVID has placed the business community in. Our work will focus on supporting small business and developing the Borough’s resilience in the aftermath of the Covid pandemic.
- Ulster University's Economic Policy Centre assists Council to identify key areas requiring support through their snapshot of the local economy.
- A Northern Ireland economic commentary is available from the Department for the Economy, three times a year
Please Note: While Council will occasionally run small grant programmes, we are unable to offer financial assistance to companies on an individual basis.
To view the full report, please see 'Causeway Coast and Glens Economic Forecasts Spring 2022' download link below