Level 3 Classroom Assistant Academy
Level 3 Classroom Assistant Course
The Level 3 Classroom Assistant Academy is part funded by Causeway Coast and Glens Labour Market Partnership and will be delivered by Northern Regional College.
This academy will give you the opportunity to upskill to a Level 3 equivalent qualification as a Classroom Assistant.
Commencing on Monday 6th of November 2023 and delivered at Ballymoney campus.
Class is timetabled on Monday from 5:30pm -9:30pm with a Personal Tutorial timetabled for 4:45pm-5:30pm.
Course Title:Specialist Support For Teaching And Learning In Schools
Course Cost: £564 (You can apply for £500 funding, leaving £64 remaining to pay yourself).
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Schools as organisations.
- Support learning activities.
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour.
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
- Support assessment for learning.
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings.
- Support children and young people’s health and safety.
- Understand child and young person development.
- Understand how to safeguard the well being of children and young people.
Please note there is a placement of at least 200 hours required (this can be completed in your workplace).
Eligibility for funding includes:
- Only those who are residents in Causeway Coast and Glens Council area.
- You must be aged over 19.
- You must have the legal right to work.
- You must have a minimum of GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or equivalent (enhanced criteria may apply such as suitable employment/experience & further qualifications).
- Have a satisfactory Access NI checks.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH BOTH METHODS.
To apply for the NRC course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the £500 funding under the Personal Learning Account Fund please visit https://grants.ccgbcapps.com/ and set up an account to start your application.