Community Plan Equality Screening Document B - Appendix 1
Appendix 1 – List of Population Outcomes and Intermediate Outcomes
A HEALTHY SAFE COMMUNITY
Population Accountability Outcome Statement: All people of Causeway Coast and Glens will contribute to and benefit from a healthy, connected and safe community that nurtures resilience, promotes respect and supports everyone to live well together
Outcome 1: The Causeway Coast & Glens feels safe
Outcome 2: All people of the Causeway Coast and Glens area benefit from improved physical health and mental well-being
Outcome 3: All people of the Causeway Coast and Glens can live independently and access support services when they need them
Outcome 4: The Causeway Coast and Glens area promotes and supports positive relationships
A SUSTAINABLE ACCESSIBLE ENVIRONMENT
Population Accountability Outcome Statement: All people of Causeway Coast and Glens will value and benefit from a diverse, sustainable, and accessible environment with an infrastructure that is fit for purpose & that enables connections.
Outcome 5: The Causeway Coast & Glens area is widely recognised & celebrated for its unique natural & built landscapes
Outcome 6: The Causeway Coast & Glens area has an infrastructure and facilities that furthers growth, access and connections
Outcome 7: The Causeway Coast & Glens area is a sustainable environment
Outcome 8: The Causeway Coast and Glens has a sustainably managed natural and built environment
A THRIVING ECONOMY
Population Accountability Outcome Statement: All people of Causeway Coast and Glens will contribute to and benefit from a thriving economy built on a culture of growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and learning
Outcome 9: The Causeway Coast & Glens area provides opportunities for all to contribute to and engage in a more prosperous and inclusive economy
Outcome 10: The Causeway Coast & Glens area attracts and grows more profitable businesses
Outcome 11: The Causeway Coast & Glens area drives entrepreneurship & fosters innovation
Outcome 12: All people of the Causeway Coast and Glens will be knowledgeable and skilled
Community Plan Delivery Plan Actions
Healthy Safe Community
• ACTION 1 Increase opportunities for participation in Physical Activity and Wellbeing initiatives, both indoor and outdoor, and to promote enjoyment of the natural environment of Causeway Coast and Glens.
• ACTION 2 Develop and deliver an Age Friendly Strategy and programme of actions for the benefit of the resident population of Causeway Coast and Glens.
• ACTION 3 Continue to develop the Loneliness Network for Causeway Coast and Glens to work together to increase opportunities for socialisation and to reduce the risk of and tackle loneliness across the generations. ACTION 4 Continue to implement and support Anti-Poverty Interventions which tackle food, fuel and financial poverty and respond to local need with a particular emphasis on vulnerable communities.
• ACTION 5 Continue collaborative working and locality planning across statutory and voluntary sectors for the benefit of Children and Young People of Causeway Coast and Glens.
• ACTION 6 Increase uptake of Obesity Prevention programmes and encourage active participation by school aged children in both school and community settings.
• ACTION 7 Promote and encourage Positive Mental Health through participation in the Take 5 Steps to Wellbeing initiative spanning schools, workplaces, and the community sector.
• ACTION 8 Enhance interagency cooperation to address and respond to the needs of those experiencing Chronic Homelessness in Causeway Coast and Glens.
• ACTION 9 Support partnership working between primary care and the voluntary and community sector.
Community and Community Safety
• ACTION 10 Multi- Agency Support Hub to facilitate an interagency approach to reduce risks for vulnerable individuals within our society.
• ACTION 11 Operational actions to safeguard and address community concerns about online safety through the Cyber-Safe Partnership.
• ACTION 12 Provision of a borough wide inclusive, participative engagement platform - Community Engagement Platform to connect citizens’ voices to local decision-making bodies, including Youth Voice.
• ACTION 13 Agencies working in partnership to promote and establish Shared Public Spaces across Causeway Coast and Glens.
• ACTION 14 Organisations working collaboratively to provide development opportunities and Support to the Community and Voluntary Sector on a borough wide basis.
• ACTION 15 Develop Road Safety Partnerships to work together with schools and communities to target those identified as most at risk of road traffic collisions and to deliver the ‘Your Choice’ Road Safety Programme.
• ACTION 16 Accidental Fire Prevention - targeted activity to individual dwellings across identified areas at more risk of accidental fire than others.
• ACTION 17 Create opportunities to explore, develop and maintain public spaces throughout the Causeway Coast and Glens area.
• ACTION 18 Review the mechanisms to meet local social housing need and provide suitable accommodation. ACTION 19 Promote and deliver sustainability with individuals, partners and the wider community to promote and deliver the ‘LiveSmart’ strategy.
• ACTION 20 Identify and respond to key local transport concerns around rural connectivity and access needs, and to consider/contribute to emerging proposals aimed at improving integration of transport services.
• ACTION 21 Promote and encourage local residents and visitors to take pride and enhance the natural and built environment within the Causeway Coast and Glens area.
• ACTION 22 Implement initiatives on protected natural heritage areas in the Causeway Coast and Glens area.
• ACTION 23 Delivery of new Economic Development Strategy – ‘Recovery and Renewal’.
• ACTION 24 Promote the unique offer of the Atlantic Link Enterprise Campus (ALEC.)
• ACTION 25 Increase the level of innovation in the Causeway Coast and Glens area.
• ACTION 26 Develop a Digital Infrastructure Strategy for the Causeway Coast and Glens area.
• ACTION 27 Support the development of the Labour Market Partnership - supporting educational and skills initiatives within the Causeway Coast and Glens area to match current and future business needs.
• ACTION 28 Develop Energy and Climate Strategy incorporating an Action Plan for the Causeway Coast and Glens area.
• ACTION 29 Support Town Centre Forums to focus on developing and delivering collaborative town centre management projects.
• ACTION 30 Support and enable benefit from a thriving and sustainable visitor economy through delivery and enhancement of the Tourism and Recreation Services throughout the Causeway Coast and Glens area.
• ACTION 31 Develop Growth Deal opportunities for the Causeway Coast and Glens area.