You can find out more about us at www.causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk
Data Controller Name: Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council
Address: 66 Portstewart Road, Coleraine, BT52 1EY.
Telephone: 028 7034 7034
This privacy notice is to let you know how Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council will look after your personal information.
The processing of personal data is governed by the Data Protection Act (DPA) and other relevant legislation. When we ask you for personal information, we will ensure that:
- you know why we need it
- we only ask for what we need
- we protect your information and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t have
- we only share it with other organisations when it is lawful to do so
- we don’t keep it any longer than is necessary
- it is not made available for commercial use without your permission
Why Are You Processing My Personal Information?
Causeway Coast & Glens Borough Council is collecting and processing your personal information because it has a legal obligation under the legislation referred to on the application form attached.
We will use your personal information to enable the processing of your application and to enable us to comply with our statutory duties.
What Type of Personal Information Are You Processing?
We will be collecting and processing the following types of personal information – Name, address, phone number, email address etc.
Where Do You Get My Personal Information From?
We have sourced the information provided by you the individual as part of the application process including online applications.
Do You Share My Personal Information With Anyone Else?
Your information will be held by Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council and we may share your information with other bodies or agencies or between internal Council Departments to comply with our statutory duties or where a data sharing agreement is in place with a third party.
We will not disclose any of your personal information to any other organisation unless required to do so by law.
Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council where legally obliged to will keep a register which may be inspected by the public. Information on this register may include name, address and contact details.
How Long Do You Keep My Personal Information?
All personal information stored is subject to and is kept in line with the Council’s Retention and Disposal Schedule found at the following link: www.causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk/council/access-to-information
What Rights Do I Have?
- You have the right to be informed that your information is being processed
- You have the right to obtain access to your personal information
- You can have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- You can ask for your personal information to be erased (where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing)
- You have the right to restrict processing in certain circumstances
- You have the right to object to the processing of personal information.
For further information on your rights, please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer:
Telephone: 028 7034 7034
What We Ask of You
- Please make sure that any information you give us is as accurate and as complete as possible.
- Don’t include personal information about another person (including your family members) unless you have told the individual concerned and they agree to it being supplied to us.
- Tell us as soon as possible if any of the personal information you have provided changes.
How Do I Complain If I’m Not Happy?
If you are unhappy with any aspect of how your personal information is being processed, please contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer.
Your complaint will be dealt with using the Council’s complaints process - further details on this can be found at www.causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk/council/comment-compliments-and-complaints.
If you are still not happy, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – contact details are given below:
Any information carried over the Internet is not secure; information can be intercepted, lost, redirected, changed and read by other people. Any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to mitigate unauthorised access and protect your personal data against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information in accordance with our Retention and Disposal Schedule.
We have implemented security policies, controls and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees, processors and sub processors who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal information, are obliged to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act.
For further information on how your personal information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information that we hold on you, please contact us using our secure online contact form www.causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk/contact-us.
Or you can call us on 028 7034 7034 or E-mail: email@example.com.