Ballymoney Old Church Graveyard
This burial ground is the site of the ruins of the old parish church which was completed in 1637. The graveyard holds over 400 headstones, the oldest dating to 1610.
The graveyard originally extended to the present parish church, built in 1782. In the 1840s, the road between Coleraine and Ballymena was cut through the middle of the graveyard, despite a determined protest by outraged townsfolk. Any headstones in its path were lifted and the bodies exhumed.
A leaflet is available in the Visitor Information Centre to guide visitors around the churchyard.