Free compost for residents who recycle
Thu, June 28, 2018
Would you like to receive free compost in exchange for recycling?
Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council is encouraging residents in the area to recycle items at household recycling centres and in turn receive one free bag of garden compost.
This is Council’s way of acknowledging residents’ continued participation in the brown bin bio-waste recycling scheme and the recycling centre green waste collection.
All of the materials collected in our brown bins at home or at recycling centres are processed into compost.
It is a peat free, natural growing product, which provides all varieties of plants with the necessary nutrients for strong growth.
Residents are encouraged to recycle as much of their household waste as possible using their blue bin, brown bin/kerbside food caddy and local household waste recycling centre.
The new initiative will begin on Wednesday 4th July across all eleven recycling centres.
The promotion will continue until stocks are exhausted
For more information, or advice on how to maximise recycling at home, please contact a member of the Environmental Resource Officer team on (028) 2766 0248 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distribution of compost
- A bag of compost can be claimed when a customer visits a household waste recycling centre and recycles one or more items.
- A maximum of one bag of compost can be claimed per visit by a customer.
- If two or more persons travel together in a vehicle to a recycling centre, and each recycle one or more items, only one bag of compost can be claimed by all occupants in the vehicle
- A person can claim a maximum of two bags of compost for the duration of the initiative (i.e. two visits required)
- Anyone deemed to be abusing the promotion will be refused compost