Tourism Events Growth Fund
PLEASE NOTE The Tourism Events Growth Fund is now CLOSED
The Council is seeking to provide financial support for events that align themselves to key priority areas such as; Cultural Tourism, Music / Food Tourism and Sports and Activities (tourism related).
The key objectives to supporting and sustaining tourism events will be to:
- Assist with project costs that will provide event delivery, sustainability and skills retention within the organisation
- Support events to future plan for the safe return of event delivery in 2023-24, adhering to the latest public health advice for events and mass gatherings.
- Allow event organisers to scenario plan for varying levels of event delivery. Full event proposals for the preferred delivery option should be submitted as scenario one. Alternative or hybrid delivery contingency proposals should be submitted as scenario two or three.
- Demonstrate economic support and benefit from the use of local artists, suppliers and event professionals.
- Enhance the profile and appeal of the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council area e.g., through media and marketing campaign/exposure focussed on the domestic market
- Promote a quality visitor experience to the domestic market and promote confidence in engaging with events. (A 'visitor' for a tourism event as 'someone who comes to spectate or attend the event. They can either buy a ticket to attend the event or gain free entry, anyone who participates in the event or makes the event happen is deemed a participant and not a visitor).
- Support the wider economic recovery of the tourism events sector within the Borough of Causeway Coast and Glens.
- Generate economic benefits for the Causeway Coast and Glens area (where possible) through increased visitor numbers, bed nights and spend.
You may find it helpful to discuss your project with one of the following officers within the Tourism Events Team before submitting your application:
- Gareth Fall 077 1223 5744 email@example.com
- Tracey Freeman 077 1223 5746 firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if you require assistance in the completion of the application form you may find it helpful to speak to a member of the Funding Unit:
- Christopher Dunne 079 2503 6162 email@example.com
Please also see the link to the following document which provides some helpful guidance for groups claiming funding for events https://www.causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk/uploads/general/Event_Guide.pdf
- Deadline for Submission of Applications is 12.00 noon on Wednesday 25th January 2023
- One – One Sessions with Council’s Events Development Officer will be available to Applicants between 10th - 12th January 2023