Tourism and Recreation Large Events Fund
Tourism Large Events Fund will open for 2023-24 applications on 12th December 2022 - more details to come.
Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council’s Tourism Event Funding Programme (TEFP) provides event organisers with financial assistance which supports the delivery of the Destination Management Plan.
The Council is seeking to provide financial support for events that align themselves to key priority areas such as; Cultural Tourism, Music / Food Tourism and Sports and Activities (tourism related).
The key objectives to supporting and sustaining tourism events will be to:
- Assist with project costs that will provide event delivery, sustainability and skills retention within the organisation
- Support events to future plan for the safe return of event delivery in 2022-23, adhering to the latest Covid-19 guidance for staging events and mass gatherings
- Allow event organisers to scenario plan for varying levels of event delivery if planning their event in full or in a reduced format during 2022-23
- Support the local events sector to include artists, suppliers and event professionals recovering from the Covid-19 pandemic
- Enhance the profile and appeal of the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council area e.g., through media and marketing campaign/exposure focussed on the domestic market
- Promote a quality visitor experience to the domestic market and promote confidence in engaging with events in light of Covid-19
- Support the wider economic recovery of the tourism events sector within the Borough of Causeway Coast and Glens
- Generate economic benefits for the Causeway Coast and Glens area (where possible) through increased visitor numbers, bed nights and spend
You may find it helpful to discuss your project with one of the following officer within the Tourism Events Team before submitting your application:
Gareth Fall 028 7034 7237 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tourism and Recreation Large Events Fund will offer financial support to eligible events taking place between 1 April 2022 and 31 March 2023.
Please also see the link to the following document which provides some helpful guidance for groups claiming funding for events https://www.causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk/uploads/general/Event_Guide.pdf
Deadline for Submission of Stage 1 Application is 12 noon on Tuesday 29th March 2022
How to Apply
To apply for any of the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Councils grants please apply online here https://causeway.eformz.info/