CCAG Food Network
Download a copy of our new brochure from here - see link further down this page
The aim of the Causeway Coast and Glens Food Network is to transform the reputation of food from our area, by acting as a gateway to promotional support, market knowledge, quality, insights and networks. We look forward to welcoming you and your food business to our Network.
The original scoping study and branding initiative was funded through the Department for Rural Development Supply Chain Development Programme, was supported by the Councils of Coleraine, Ballymoney, Moyle,
Limavady, Ballymena and Larne, Good Food NI and NITB. Going forward, the Network is supported by the new Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.
What the CCAG Food Network will do:
- Showcase high quality local food produce through local hospitality, markets, farm shops and retail outlets
- Collectively market the local food and drink sector through a unique brand with user friendly brand guidelines and marketing support
- Provide databases of local producers, hospitality providers and retail outlets supplying local food within the CCAG Council area, to stimulate the local supply chain and facilitate communication within the sector.
- Provide access to information on funding support, development opportunities from relevant support agencies i.e DARD, Tourism NI, Invest NI, local economic development programmes etc.
- Raise awareness of the quality and diversity of the local food offer as a tourism product
- Provide information and support the development of food related events throughout the destination.
What is available via the Network:
This page contains links to:
- Business Support Avenues,
- A Taste of the Causeway Coast and Glens Brochure
- Join the CCAG Food Network (Beta form available)
- Training Opportunities
- Food Industry Events,
as well as other useful resources.
This page is still being populated. We appreciate your patience and your input into these pages - you will find though, that Facebook group is best place to get right up to the minute info.
If you have any suggestions for future content, please do let us know. We value your input as this is YOUR network.
Celebrating a Taste of the Causeway Coast and Glens, 24th April 2017
The Causeway Coast and Glens Food Network has marked the legacy of the Year of Food and Drink with a special celebration event.
It brought together some of the region’s best local producers and chefs, along with representatives from the tourism and hospitality industries.
Hosted by Ulster Food Hero and renowned chef Paula McIntyre, the evening put the spotlight on the region’s buoyant food sector.
Guests enjoyed bite-sized portions of local produce, and were entertained by some of the ‘foodie’ themed short-films created by Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council’s tourism department.
The Mayor, Alderman Maura Hickey, said: “It was a privilege to attend this celebration, and meet some of our finest local producers. The Northern Ireland Year of Food and Drink has proved to be a fantastic launch pad for our region, which has now firmly established itself as a foodie destination. All those involved deserve to be applauded for their efforts, and I would like to offer them my congratulations for all they have achieved so far.”
During the event, the Causeway Coast and Glens Food Network launched its new publication – A Taste of the Causeway Coast and Glens. It includes information about local producers, markets, food tours, cookery schools, speciality retailers and delicatessens in an easy to use directory.
There was also an opportunity to recognise the producers of the future who have completed the Journey to Market programme, and the front-of-house staff who have gained World Host Ambassador accreditation.
Joanne McLaughlin, from the Causeway Coast and Glens Food Network, said: “We have so much to be proud of when we look back on the Year of Food and Drink, and I have no doubt that we will continue to build on this. I want to thank all those businesses who have joined our Food Network, and helped to make our first year such a success. The variety of producers in our ‘Taste of the Causeway Coast and Glens’ brochure is a clear sign of how we are leading the way in this area.
“Next month, we are looking forward to attending the Balmoral Show, where we will showcase 10 of our local producers, and our new publication, to thousands of visitors over four days.”
For further information go to www.causewaycoastand glens.gov.uk/foodnetwork. You can also find us on Facebook (CCAG Food Network) or follow us on Twitter @ccagfood.