Cancer Rehabilitation Programme
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY CANCER REHABILITATION PROGRAMME
What is the Physical Activity Cancer Rehabilitation Programme?
The 12 week programme aims to provide people living with and beyond cancer the opportunity to engage in a group based physical activity. The programme is tailored to the needs of each person in the group, and will be provided in a friendly, comfortable and safe environment, delivered by fitness instructors fully qualified in cancer rehabilitation.
The exercise class is on a Tuesday 11.00am- 12.30pm.
The programme will consist of an initial consultation, followed by a 12- week physical activity programme provided by a fitness instructor fully qualified in cancer rehabilitation. At the end of the programme a final assessment will be carried out and participants will be sign posted to suitable physical activity opportunities within the locality.
BENEFITS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FOR CANCER REHABILITATION:
· Reduce cancer related fatigue;
· Reduce stress and anxiety;
· Improve low mood or depression;
· Improve bone health and helping prevent osteoporosis;
· Increase muscle strength;
· Help maintain a healthy weight;
· Lower your chance of developing other health problems, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, stroke, or even a new cancer;
· Improve your quality of life expectancy.
For further information please contact:
Coleraine Leisure Centre
Telephone: 028 7034 7202
DOWNLOAD A COPY OF THIS INFORMATION - Click here
DOWNLOAD A REFERRAL FORM - Click here