Christmas events to spread festive cheer across Causeway Coast and Glens
Mon, November 06, 2023
Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council is delighted to announce its Christmas activities coming to a town near you.
Santa has a busy time ahead, as he will make his way around the Borough to mark the beginning of Christmas celebrations. Festivities will commence in Ballymoney on Thursday 16th November, followed by Saturday 18th November in Limavady, Thursday 23rd November in Ballycastle and finishing on Friday 24th November in Coleraine.
To get everyone in the spirit, the festive programme will be a treat for all ages, with seasonal parades, family fun, Christmas light switch ons, and of course visiting Santa in his Grotto.
The Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council said: “I am very much looking forward to welcoming families to our traditional Christmas programme of events, helping to spread festive cheer throughout the Borough.
“There will be something for people of all ages to enjoy, with parades, Santa’s Grotto and of course our Christmas light switch ons, creating a wonderful atmosphere in our town centres. These events are a fantastic opportunity to bring people together for some festive family fun, as well as supporting our local traders.”
In addition to the four main events, there will be community festive events taking place in November and December in local towns and villages, supported by Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.
Children with additional needs can enjoy a pre-booked ‘Quiet Time’ in the four towns.
To book your quiet time visit, email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 16th November; Ballymoney Town Hall; 3pm – 5pm
- 18th November; Roe Valley Arts & Cultural Centre, Limavady; 10.30am – 12.30pm
- 23rd November; Sheskburn House, Ballycastle; 3pm – 5pm
- 24th November; Coleraine Town Hall; 3pm – 5pm
Santa’s Grotto Opening Times
- 16th November; Ballymoney, Church Street; From 7pm
- 18th November; Limavady, Drumceatt Square, RVACC; From 2pm
- 23rd November; Ballycastle Co-op Carpark (Diamond); From 7pm
- 24th November; Coleraine New Row, opposite Moores; From 7pm
All parade routes are detailed below, and we would encourage people to choose a safe spot to view the procession.
Christmas Parade Departure Times & Route details
- 16th November; Ballymoney; 6:45pm; Depart Coleraine Road - High Street - Main Street - Meeting House Street - Queen Street - Victoria Street - Charles Street - Coleraine Road
- 18th November; Limavady; 4:45pm; Depart Irish Green Street - Rathbrady Road - Roemill Road - Catherine Street - Linenhall Street - Main Street - Connell Street - Irish Green Street
- 23rd November; Ballycastle; 6:45pm; Depart Quay Road - Ann Street - Market Street - Clare Street - Castle Street - Diamond - Ann Street - Quay Road
- 24th November; Coleraine; 6:45pm; Depart Coleraine Leisure Centre – Railway Road - Kingsgate Street - Church Street - The Diamond- Church Street - Kingsgate Street- Railway Road - Coleraine Leisure Centre
For more information visit www.visitcausewaycoastandglens.com or follow the Causeway Coast and Glens Events Facebook & Instagram pages for the latest updates.