Causeway Coast and Glens represented at Food Awards Northern Ireland
Wed, July 05, 2017
This year’s Food Awards Northern Ireland will showcase some of the Causeway Coast and Glens leading food businesses and eateries.
13 establishments from across the Borough have made the shortlist in 10 categories.
The Awards seek to show appreciation to those in the food industry that serve us the best dishes, as well as help us to explore new flavours and cuisines from different cultures.
The winners will be announced at a black-tie event at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Belfast on July 10th.
The Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, Councillor Joan Baird OBE, said: “Over the past number of years, the Causeway Coast and Glens has established itself as a ‘foodie’ destination, and this has been reflected in the shortlists for these awards. I’m delighted to see so many of our restaurants, bistros and food businesses recognised in this way, and I wish everyone taking part the very best of luck.”
The food and drink industry in the Borough has been strengthened by support from the Causeway Coast and Glens Food Network, which was set up during the NI Year of Food and Drink. It aims to transform the reputation of food from our area by acting as a gateway to support, market knowledge, funding opportunities and other networks.
The short listed businesses in the 2017 Food Awards Northern Ireland are:
- Best Italian Establishment: Pizza Pomodoro, Coleraine.
- Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year: The Lime Tree Restaurant, Limavady.
- Best Dessert Outlet: The Red Door Cottage Tea Room & Bistro, Ballintoy.
- Best Northern Irish Food Producer: Scotts Crispy Onions, Aghadowey and Mullins Ice Cream, Kilrea.
- Best Wholesale Supplier: Lynas Foodservice, Coleraine.
- Dairy Food Provider of the Year: LacPatrick Dairies Ltd, Coleraine.
- Fresh Produce Provider of the Year: First 4 Fruit, Coleraine, Sydney B Scott, Coleraine.
- Cafe/Bistro of the Year, County Londonderry: Antoinette’s Café, Limavady, Cafe Storm & Cloud9, Limavady.
- Cafe/Bistro of the Year, County Antrim: Cyblings Coffee Shop, Ballymoney
- Restaurant of the Year, County Londonderry: Truva Meze (Coleraine)
For further information on the Food Awards Northern Ireland go to https://www.facebook.com/TheFoodAwardsNorthernIreland/