Environmental Services Committee CommitteeDate: Tuesday, 14 Sep 2021 Time: 7:00 PM
2. Declarations of Interest
3. Minutes of Environmental Services Committee meeting held 10 August 2021 (summary attached)
FOR DECISION (Items 4-6 inclusive)
4. Update on Air Quality Monitoring and Consideration of Additional Passive Diffusion Tube Screening (report attached)
5. Water Bottle Refill Scheme (report attached)
6. Towards a LitterSmart Borough Litter Strategy 2021 to 2025 (report attached v2)
FOR INFORMATION (Items 7-14 inclusive)
7. Approval of Premises as a Venue for Civil Marriage (report attached)
8. Approval of Premises as a Venue for Civil Partnership (report attached)
9. Petroleum Spirit Licence Renewals (report attached)
10. Houses in Multiple Occupation: Quarterly Statistics 1st April – 30th June 2021 (report attached)
11. Confirmation of Funding from the Public Health Agency for the Delivery of Services 2021-2022 (report attached)
12. Private Contractor Litter Enforcement Statistics (WISE) (report attached v2)
13. Repairs & Maintenance Update (report attached)
14. Castlerock Footbridge Update (report attached)
15. Correspondence (report attached)
16. Consultation Documents
18. Matters for Reporting to Partnership Panel
FOR CONFIDENTIAL CONSIDERATION (Items 19-21 inclusive)
19. Purchase of Slope Mower (report attached)
20. Replacement Coastal Path Lighting Scheme, Cushendall (report attached)
21. Period 4 ES Management Accounts (report attached)
22. Any Other Relevant Business (notified in accordance with Standing Order 12 (o))
1. Councillor Bateson
(i) Bulky goods lifting - can this be looked at being reintroduced FOC? How much saving is council making not providing this as a free service anymore? Could a group fee be looked at if areas wanted to club together to get a bulky goods lift organised at one time?
(ii) Recycling centres summer opening hours - Can we look at introducing more late evenings opening for next year? Several complaints this year regarding only one late night opening.
2. Councillor McCandless (RECOMMENDED FOR ‘CONFIDENTIAL CONSIDERATION’)
I would ask on behalf of Ald. Fielding and I that the matter of the role of gravediggers be on the agenda under AORB for discussion Tue evening.
3. Alderman Fielding
How do residents living close to Craigahulliar Landfill Site address the infestation of flies that occurs during warm weather and often at bank holiday weekends, and what measures have Council in place to control an infestation during holiday periods.
4. Councillor McQuillan (RECOMMENDED FOR ‘CONFIDENTIAL CONSIDERATION’)
Is this council planning to do away with the grave diggers jobs .
5. Alderman Baird
Council continue to operate an appointments system at Recycling Centre across the Borough. This system was introduced as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic. Given current Government easements can you advise when we might return to our original open system for our citizens at recycling centres? The current system is inconvenient and difficult for many people in the Borough especially those who require assistance from neighbours and friends to take goods to the centres?