Leisure and Development Committee CommitteeDate: Tuesday, 08 Jan 2019 Time: 7:00 PM
2. Declarations of Interest
3. Minutes of meeting held Tuesday 11th December 2018 (Summary attached)
FOR DECISION (Item 4)
4. Major Capital Grant Fund Programme (Report attached)
FOR INFORMATION (Item 5-7 Inclusive)
5. Minor Capital Grant Fund Programme (Report attached)
6. Public Rights of Way (Report attached)
7. A verbal update will be provided on the Ballycastle Shared Campus
9. Matters Reporting to the Partnership Panel
11. Notice of Motion proposed by Councillor McGurk, seconded by Councillor C McShane
‘That this Council supports the “On the Ball” campaign, the aim of which is to provide free sanitary products in as many sporting grounds and public buildings as possible to combat the ever growing issue of period poverty. As an initial step, that this council
looks at the feasibility of its introduction at Cloonavin, the council offices across Causeway Coast and Glens council area and all council owned sport and leisure facilities.
We should strive, as a council area, to proactively help efforts to tackle period poverty and be part of bringing about such positive change. It should be the norm in schools, universities colleges, workplaces, football grounds, concert venues for free access to sanitary product provision.
We ask that council writes to the Education Authority, the Northern Trust and the Western Trust to ask that they consider providing free sanitary items in schools and hospitals’.
12. Any other relevant business notified in accordance with Standing Order 12. (o)