Environmental Services Committee CommitteeDate: Tuesday, 05 Feb 2019 Time: 7:00 PM
A G E N D A
- Declarations of Interest
- Minute of Meeting held 4 December 2019 (summary attached)
4. Waste Policy Presentation, presented by Head of Waste Policy, DAERA
FOR DECISION (Items 5 – 16 inclusive)
5. Entertainments Licensing Report (report attached)
6. Grant of Approval of a Premises as a Venue for Civil Marriage/Civil Partnership (report attached)
7. Bye-Laws: Tattooing; Semi-Permanent Skin Colouring; Cosmetic Piercing; Ear-Piercing; Electrolysis and/or Acupuncture (report attached)
8. Bye-Laws: Consumption of Intoxicating Liquor in Designated Places (report attached)
9. Street Trading: Lammas Fair (report attached)
10. Update to Persons Appointed as Public Analyst (report attached)
11. Consultation on Guidance on Food Traceability, Withdrawals and Recalls within the UK Food Industry (report attached)
12. Implementation of Local Government Resilience Resourcing Model (report attached)
13. Market Street, Ballycastle – Depot Extension (report attached)
14. Licence Agreement for Maintenance of Flowerbed at entrance to West Strand Car Park, Portrush (report attached)
15. Unmarked Infant Grave Portstewart Cemetery (report attached)
16. Commercial Collection Charges 2019 – 2020 (report attached)
FOR INFORMATION (Items 17 – 26 inclusive)
17. Entertainments Licence Renewals (report attached)
18. Liquor Licences (report attached)
19. Petroleum Spirit Licence Renewals (report attached)
20. Society Lottery Registrations (report attached)
21. Acupuncture / Business of Cosmetic Piercing / Tattooing / Semi-Permanent Skin-Colouring / Electrolysis Registrations (report attached).
22. Amusement Permit Renewals (report attached)
23. Cinema Licence Renewal (report attached)
24. Licences Issued Under Delegated Authority (report attached)
25. Brown Bin Update and Kerbside Communications (report attached)
26. Correspondence (report attached)
27. Notice of Motion Proposed by Councillor McCandless, seconded by Alderman King and Alderman Hillis referred from 27 November 2018 Council Meeting
Not every disability is visible and as it is not considered as polite conversation – bladder and bowel problems and toileting issues in general tend not to be discussed.
There is an assumption that incontinence only affects the elderly – not so.
NHS figures reveal that as many as 900K children and young people are affected by incontinence in the U.K. but because of the associated stigma they try to hide it.
Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis cause serious discomfort, the most common age for diagnosis is between 18-30. These conditions affect the digestive system to different degrees but it is factual that 1 in 10 people will experience regular incontinence.
Incontinence sufferers can have their journeys restricted due to the lack of awareness or the necessary sympathy required for adequately equipped toilets.
Conditions associated with incontinence can lead to social isolation, particularly with elderly males. Those who suffer from incontinence face the dilemma of needing to change their pad and then the problem of where to dispose of it when they are out for the day. Men with urinary incontinence, particularly after prostrate surgery, and those suffering from faecal incontinence require a discrete, safe and hygienic method to dispose of their hygiene waste.
To that end I would call upon our council officers to conduct an audit of our toilets throughout the Borough recognising the needs and requirements of incontinence sufferers (both genders) and advise what is required in bins and time required to implement a plan to provide proper sanitation bins.
Along with this to benchmark our council in comparison to others in this regard, advise exact locations to enable incontinence sufferers to plan their day out and advise where radar key access locations are.
28. Matters for Reporting to Partnership Panel
29. Consultation Documents
FOR DECISION IN COMMITTEE (Item 30)
30. Proposed Maintenance of Slipways, Quay Walls and Water Access Points at Portstewart, Dunseverick and Dalriada Harbours (report attached)
31. Any Other Relevant Business (notified in accordance with Standing Order 12 (o))