Environmental Services Committee CommitteeDate: Tuesday, 02 Oct 2018 Time: 7:00 PM
2. Declarations of Interest
3. Minutes of Environmental Services Committee Meeting held on 4 September 2018 (summary attached)
4. Presentation on Plastic Reduction Initiatives and Council’s SMART Projects presented by Environmental Resource Officers:
FOR DECISION (Items 5 – 6 inclusive)
5. Proposed Approach to Retained EU Law for Food and Feed Safety and Hygiene Consultation (report attached)
6. Health and Safety Partnership Liaison Officer (report attached)
FOR INFORMATION (Items 7 – 11 inclusive)
7. Entertainments Licence Renewals (report attached)
8. Liquor Licences (report attached)
9. Petroleum Spirit Licence Renewals (report attached)
10. Society Lottery Registrations (report attached)
11. Pavement Café Licensing (report attached)
12. Matters for Reporting to Partnership Panel (Local Government side)
14. Notice of Motion proposed by Councillor Baird, seconded by Councillor McCandless
‘When a citizen’s beloved cat or dog goes missing this is a traumatic experience as pets form close bonds with owners and become part of the family. Days, weeks and even years can be spent in often fruitless searches for the missing animal.
Happily many lost pets return safely home, sadly some are victims of road traffic accidents or meet an untimely end. Council’s Dog Wardens carry chip reading equipment however staff who dispose of pet remains do not have this facility. We propose extending chip readers to the relevant staff and introducing a policy of notifying owners who have made the effort to ensure their pets are identifiable.
Adoption of this policy will help bring closure to many who lose their pet and the publicity around its introduction should encourage owners to invest in chip identification which is beneficial in all situations’.
15. Any Other Relevant Business (notified in accordance with Standing Order 12 (o))