Full CouncilDate: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2017 Time: 7:00 PM
1. The Mayor’s Business
3. Declarations of Members’ Interests
4. Minutes of Council Meeting held Tuesday 24 January 2017 (copy attached)
5. Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting held Wednesday 25 January 2017 (copy attached)
6. Minutes of Council Meeting held Thursday 2 February 2017 (copy attached)
7. Minutes of Environmental Services Meeting held Tuesday 7 February 2017 (copy attached)
8. Minutes of Leisure & Development Committee Meeting held Tuesday 14 February 2017 (copy attached)
9. Minutes of Corporate Policy & Resources Committee Meeting held Tuesday 21 February 2017 (to follow)
10. Matters for reporting to Partnership Panel
11. Conferences (report attached)
13. Consultation Schedule (report attached)
14. Seal Documents
Grave Registry Certificates
14.1 Grave Registry Certificates, Coleraine, Ballywillan, Agherton and Portstewart Cemeteries (No’s 4457-4471)
14.2 Grave Registry Certificates, Ballmoney Cemetery (No’s 2887-2890)
14.3 Grave Registry Certificates, Limavady Cemetery (No 457 & 458)
14.4 Car Loan Agreement – Employee Ref 362/2061
14.5 Portrush Public Realm, Tender & Form of Deed, AECOM
15. Notice of Motion submitted and proposed by Councillor Holmes, seconded by Councillor Wilson
The Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council has, as one of its Mission Statements, the aim of ‘Accelerating our economy and improving economic prosperity.’
This Council recognises the incredible entrepreneurial spirit of many people across the Borough who have established businesses which contribute towards the economic prosperity of the area.
In order to support a new generation of entrepreneurs we propose that Council establish an annual fund of £50k-£100k to support start-up businesses (including recent start-ups i.e under two years). New business ventures should be novel and cause no job displacement. This fund is to be distributed in the form of grants on a biannual basis by a panel made up of councillors, council officers and business people.
Should councillors back the proposal, officers are requested to bring forward proposals for establishing, administering and marketing the fund with a target go live date to be in place for the new council year.
16 Notice of Motion submitted and proposed by Alderman Finlay, seconded by Councillor Callan. This motion is supported by Councillor McCorkill, Alderman Robinson, Councillor Stevenson and Councillor McLean.
That this council investigate supporting the Ballymoney and Limavady Agricultural shows for this year and onwards. That officers along with Councillors meet with the teams behind both shows to look at the necessary funding they require. Agricultural is a vital part of our local economy and this council should show its support in whatever way is possible to these fine shows.
17 Notice of Motion submitted and proposed Councillor Quigley, seconded by Alderman Hickey.
That this council notes the recent establishment of the Smart Pass Equality Campaign,
Endorses its call for the full fare concessionary travel pass to be issued to all people who are unable to drive for medical reasons.
Also, that this council write to the minister for infrastructure and the minister for finance urging them to implement this extension as soon as possible.
18 Craigahulliar Landfill – Additional New Lands request by Craigahulliar Energy Ltd (confidential report attached)