Full CouncilDate: Tuesday, 27 Nov 2018 Time: 7:00 PM
A G E N D A
1. The Mayor’s Business
3. Declarations of Members’ Interests
4. Minutes of Council Meeting held Tuesday 23 October 2018 (copy attached)
5. Deputation – DfI Roads Autumn Consultation (copy attached)
To receive David Porter - Divisional Roads Manager; Austin Montgomery - Section Engineer Causeway Coast & Glens (West) and James Middleton - Section Engineer Causeway Coast & Glens (East).
6. Minutes of Planning Committee Meeting held Wednesday 24 October 2018 (copy attached)
7. Minutes of Leisure & Development Committee Meeting held Tuesday 13 November 2018 (copy attached)
8. Minutes of Environmental Services Committee Meeting held Monday 19 November 2018 (copy attached)
9. Minutes of Corporate Policy and Resources Committee Meeting held Tuesday 20 November (to follow)
10. Matters for reporting to Partnership Panel – Local Government Side
12. Correspondence (report attached)
13. Consultation Schedule (report attached)
14. Seal Documents
Grave Registry Certificates
14.1 Grave Registry Certificates, Coleraine, Ballywillan, Agherton and Portstewart Cemeteries (No’s 4696 – 4705 (10) inclusive)
14.2 Grave Registry Certificates, Ballymoney Cemetery (No.2941)
14.3 Grave Registry Certificates, Limavady Cemetery (No’s 486 – 492 (7) inclusive)
14.4 Performance Deed between CC&GBC and NIEA in relation to Craigahulliar Landfill Site (Ref: CPR 181016)
14.5 Agreement relating to advance purchase of car by employee (No1)
14.6 Transfer of land, Folio 7882 and 7875, Plot 1 Drumaduff Landfill Site (Ref: CM 161220)
14.7 Grant of Easement, Plot 1 Drumaduff Landfill Site (Ref: CM 161220)
15. Notice of Motion Proposed by Councillor Fielding and Councillor A Mulholland, Seconded by Councillor C McCaw
This Council carries out an evaluation into the economic contribution of the Portstewart Community Association Red Sails Festival to the local economy, the only week long festival in Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.
16. Notice of Motion Proposed by Councillor McCandless, seconded by Alderman Hillis
That this Council notes that Northern Ireland has the highest suicide rate in the U.K. and that in the last 10 years (records compiled 2007 to 2016) there have tragically been 191 lives lost and families devastated in our former legacy councils and in our new Borough council. It is incumbent upon us to remind anyone who may be in distress or despair that support is available 24/7 and to urge anyone who is having suicidal thoughts to immediately contact their G.P. or signpost them to any of our mental health charities.
We note that funding on mental health services across Northern Ireland remains wholly inadequate and we express our outrage that the ongoing political impasse at Stormont has meant that initiatives like Protect Life 2 - the new strategy and action plan to reduce our suicide rate - has not been published due to the absence of a local Minister.
In light of this I propose that this Council write to the Secretary of State to emphasise to her that the current situation is unacceptable and to urge her to intervene to secure the immediate publication of the strategy.
17. Notice of Motion Proposed by Councillor A Mulholland Seconded by Councillor MA McKillop
That Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council adopts the Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Charter, which sets out the care and support that people living with MND and their carers deserve and should expect.
By adopting this MND Charter this Council agrees to promote the Charter and make it available to Councillors and Council staff. We will raise awareness of MND and what good care looks like for those living with this devastating disease, as stated in the Charter and do everything we can as the Council to positively influence the quality of life for local people with (MND) and their carers living in our community.