The Creative Sector
The Council has a vision for the Creative Industries in the North Coast region, which is “To become an internationally recognised creative cluster, characterised by an innovative, vibrant and economically strong creative industries sector.” The Council has several objectives by which it will develop this sector over the coming years:
• Grow and develop the creative industries sector in the North Coast region, building on the existing strengths and resources of each of the four council areas.
• Promote creativity in the North Coast area at a regional, national & international level.
• Assist the creation and growth of creative industry businesses, through linkages with arts, culture and tourism.
• Increase the number of employment opportunities in the sector.
• Increase the overall economic contribution of the sector to the economy of the North Coast.
The area already hosts a full range of creative sector industries, from home crafters to digital entrepreneurs. The sector has recently received a boost from being used as a location for several shoots of the successful Game of Thrones series. Like food and drink, Council wishes to create a legacy effect for these businesses over the next five years.
This page will be updated with new programmes shortly.