Portrush Public Realm Scheme
The public realm scheme is managed by Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council and funded by the Department for Communities.
The public realm scheme will provide environmental improvement to;
Lower Lansdowne Road
Mark Street &
The works for the Public Realm project includes:
- Removal of surfacing and kerbs and replacement with high quality natural stone kerbs and paving;
- Street Tree and herbaceous planting;
- Supply and installation of new street furniture, signage & street lighting;
- Installations of new puffin crossings
Please click on the following link to view the proposed drawings - Proposed Drawings
The contractor has been appointed and initial investigation works commenced on 7th November 2107.
Key dates of the programme are:
- Completion: Spring 2019
- Easter shutdowns: one week
- North West 200: the week of the event
- Summer shutdown: July & August
- Other localised areas for pre-determined events
Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council are holding Drop in Sessions in Portrush Town Hall, in the Girvan Room on Fridays from 12noon to 1pm, where officers will be available to answer any queries.
The main contractor responsible for the Portrush Public Realm scheme, FP McCann have been appointed.
They can be contacted as follows:
Site Office – Recreation Grounds, Ramore Avenue, Portrush, BT56 8BB.
24hr Emergency Number: 028 7954 9090
Communication programme with stakeholders within the scheme area:
- 4 weeks before works commence outside premises, a notification letter will be issued.
- 1 week before works commence outside premises, the Liaison Officer (Jim McCloy) will call to each premises.
Keep in touch
To receive regular email on updates please sign up on the following link
If you would like further information, please contact us at Regeneration Team.
028 2764 9492