Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) & Bus Academy (Now Closed)
The Academy is now closed for applications.
The Transport Academy was funded by Causeway Coast and Glens Labour Market Partnership to retrain 30 people who are not currently working or unemployed to become HGV or Bus Drivers.
The Academy which is currently being delivered will enable 30 people from across the Borough to complete either HGV (Cat C) or Bus (Cat D) training and will cover all associated costs including the medical examination, license fees, CPC, Cat C / Cat D Driver training, theory and practical test fees. Employability support including interview techniques and CV preparation will also be offered to everyone and all those who complete the Academy will secure an interview with a local employer.
Criteria for the HGV and Bus Academy were as follows:
- Must live in the Causeway Coast and Glens Council area
- Must have a legal right to work in the UK
- Must be unemployed or at risk of redundancy
- Must be over 21
- Must have a full NI Driving Licence
- Must undertake a satisfactory medical
- If the candidate wants to become a Bus Driver then Access NI checks will be carried out.
The Academy is being delivered across the Borough by Sandy Arthur’s Training Services.