Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) & Bus Academy (Now Closed)
The Academy is now closed for applications.
The Transport Academy was funded by Causeway Coast and Glens Labour Market Partnership to retrain 30 people who are not working or unemployed to become HGV or Bus Drivers.
The Academy have enabled 30 people to complete either the HGV (Cat C) or Bus (Cat D) licence including the medical examination, DVLA, CPC, Cat C / Cat D Driver training costs, along with interviews with employers and some employability support for candidates.
Criteria for the HGV and Bus Academy were as follows:
- Must live in the Causeway Coast and Glens Council area
- Must be unemployed or at risk of redundancy
- Must be over 21
- Must have a full NI Driving Licence
- Must undertake a satisfactory medical
- If the candidate wants to become a Bus Driver then Access NI checks will be carried out.
The Academy has been delivered across the Borough by Sandy Arthur’s Training Services.