Invest NI Funding for Innovation and R&D
Invest NI have a range of financial support to help you create new products, processes and services.
An Innovation Voucher offers you £5000 to ‘purchase’ specialist knowledge from one of 42 respected universities, colleges and research organisations throughout Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. This knowledge can help you to expand, improve or create new products, services and processes. This programme has a number of application calls during ht eyear.
New to R&D
If you have not previously carried out any R&D, have an idea for a new product or process that could help grow your business, and meet certain eligibility criteria, we can help.
Support is available up to £50,000 to:
- Investigate or plan your idea
- Make and test a prototype
- Experiment and refine your design
- Handle intellectual property costs
For businesses that have some experience of R&D we can provide funding.
Funding can help with:
- Scoping, defining and planning an R&D project
- Research or critical investigation aimed at producing new scientific or technical knowledge
- Product or process development or improvements
- Development of leading edge technology
- Linking to a college or university to collaborate on strategically important projects