What we do
Supporting the Borough's Tourism and Hospitality Businesses
Council have a major role to play in the development of the tourism industry in the borough and in promoting Causeway Coast and Glens to our key target markets.
Our focus is on:
- Generating more visitors, motivating them to spend longer and visit throughout the year
- Developing initiatives that will encourage growth in specific sectors and enhance the area’s tourism provision
- Supporting our tourism operators and encourage new businesses to be more competitive, innovative and experiential
- Establishing a Destination Management Organisation within the Council area
- Carrying out research
- Monitoring tourism activity
Tourism is a key economic activity and a major prosperity driver for the area. Visitors not only contribute to the social and cultural life of the Borough but also bring money into the local economy, £172.3 million (2018). The number of trips to the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough in 2018 was 1,011,485.
Tourism and Destination Management Strategy Download here