Frequently Asked Questions

Sub Menu

Resources to support your business through COVID-19


Q. Where can I find information and advice on health and safety and risk assessments?

For information and advice from Council's Environmental Health Team click here 

A Practical Guide to making workplaces safer

Q. I understand that there is a Health and Safety Working Practices course for hospitality businesses in the Causeway Coast and Glens.

A. Yes Taste Causeway has collaborated with NWRC on a new Safe and Alert Accreditation for Hospitality Businesses, for further details click here 

Q. How can the council support my business at this time?

For information and advice from Council's Business Support Team click here 

Q. Are there any free short-term courses to help improve staff skills?

A. Yes if you’ve been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19), a range of free, fully-accredited courses are now available to help you retrain and improve your skills.

Q. Where can I access information and advice issued by the tourist board in relation to Covid-19?

To visit Tourism Northern Ireland's industry support page for the tourism trade click here 

Q. Will there be a domestic marketing campaign to support my business at this time?

For details of Tourism NI's Recovery Marketing campaign click here


Local Authority

Please note that these pages are part of the corporate website of Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, please visit the homepage to view the wide range of information available to you. The following quick links have been included for your reference. 

Q. Where can I view a map of the Council boundaries and wards?

The boundary map for Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council can be viewed here

Q. Who are my local Councillors?

For the names and contact details of all Councillors click here

Q. How can I contact Planning?

Planning is now a department within Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council, for further information click here

Q. What are the bin collection days for my self-catering property?

For Bin collection details click here

Q. How do I know if my accommodation should have business or domestic rates?

To find out more about rates for tourist accommodation click here

Q. Where can I find out about pavement cafe licensing? 

A. Pavement cafes are becoming a familiar sight across the UK and Ireland and a license is required to operate.


Digital Resources

Q. What digital resources can I use to promote the Causeway Coast and Glens to visitors?

Consumer Website: Visit Causeway Coast and Glens

Digital Story Maps: 

Places to Visit

Game of Thrones

Download visitor guides here  

Q. What vantage points can I suggest to visitors attending road racing in the area?

North West 200 and associated website

Armoy Road Races and associated website

Q. How can I find out more about screen tourism in Northern Ireland?

NI has become a popular filming location with fans now visiting sites where their favourite drama has been shot making screen tourism an important source of revenue for the industry.


Industry General

Q. What government departments are involved in tourism?

A. As tourism is a diverse industry comprising of a number of sectors, there are a number of departments involved.

Department of the Econnomy - Tourism Liaison Branch is the Departmental Sponsor Branch for Tourism NI and Tourism Ireland

Department for Communities - Public Record Office of NI, Museums and Libraries, Historic Environment etc

Department for Infrastructure  - Planning, Active Travel, Waterways etc

Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs - Angling, Biodiversity, Rural Development, Forestry, Marine etc

Department of Finance - Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (NISRA)

Q. Is there an industry association that represents my tourism business?

A. In addition to Tourism NI and the Northern Ireland Tourism Alliance, there are a number of sectoral organisations also. These include accommodation, activity, tour guiding and hospitality.

Q. Are there organisations pertaining directly to craft development?

A. Yes, Craft NI and Craft Tourism

Q. What quality mark or grading scheme is available for my tourism business?

A. Tourism NI operate grading schemes for both accommodation and visitor experiences

Q. Where can I find information on creating outdoor experiences?

A. Tourism NI have created a guide on unique outdoor experiences


Photo credit Ben White Unsplash