skip to main content

O'Harabrook

Sub Menu

O’Harabrook is a long, low house of two storeys, built in the late 18th century.  It is named after the O’Hara family, who first built it.

It is thought that O’Harabrook may once have been a coaching inn because of the many small rooms it contains. In 1889, the estate was sold for £6,300 to Captain J.S Cramsie whose ancestors had settled in Ballymoney around 1709. The Cramsie family continue to live there.

In the estate is the graveyard of the Ballynacree Quaker settlement known as ‘The Lambs’ Fold’.

The estate now also provides tourist accommodation within its old dairy buildings.