Venues encouraged to register interest for ‘Open Live’ music gigs
Thu, February 28, 2019
Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council is calling on local publicans to get involved in ‘Open Live’.
Organised by Council’s Tourism Team, 'Open Live' will run from 15th-21st July, throughout The 148th Open. It’s anticipated the week-long event will feature a mix of cover bands and traditional artists in participating bars in Ballycastle, Ballymoney, Coleraine, Limavady, Portrush and Portstewart, providing free evening entertainment across the Destination during the week of The Open.
If you are a licensed bar situated in one of the six locations and would like to participate as a host venue for the music element of 'Open Live' you are invited to register your interest now. Please include a brief description of your venue, capacity, any in-house PA facilities and availability to host artists during the week of The Open. Please note all participating venues must be willing to pay 60% of the costs of the artists which they are hosting. The remaining 40% of artist fees will be subsidised by Council.
In the event of a surplus of venues wishing to get involved, participating venues will be chosen based on the following criteria - status as a known music venue, capacity, location, availability of an in-house PA system, flexibility/availability of venue.
The closing date for potential venues to register their interest is 12noon on Friday 15th March. Please email all relevant details to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 028 7034 7231 for further information.