Product recall advice for owners of Whirlpool tumble dryers
Tue, July 23, 2019
Whirlpool UK Appliances Ltd has issued a product recall of non modified tumble dryers.
The recall covers all models of vented and condensing tumble dryers produced between 1st April 2004 and 30th September 2015 and sold in the United Kingdom under the Hotpoint, Indesit, Creda, Proline and Swan brands, with the exception of those which have already been modified or replaced.
Under the recall consumers will be entitled to a new replacement machine.
This will be delivered and installed with the old one removed free of charge.
Anyone who thinks they have an affected machine should:
- call the Whirlpool helpline on 0800 151 0905 for more information or
- visit the safety website for a full list of affected machines or
- visit product recall
If your tumble dryer is one of the affected models you need to stop using it and unplug it immediately.
You can then choose:
- A free replacement dryer with no extra charges for collection or disposal of the old machine
- A free, one-hour modification of the old machine
- A discounted upgrade to a higher specification model than the free replacement
- A partial refund of up to £150, with owners of older machines getting less than those with newer ones
There are no plans for any extra measures for those machines which have already been modified.
You can stay up to date with the latest safety issues about your products by registering them with their manufacturer or by checking the latest recalls on https://productrecall.campaign.gov.uk/
Register your products
Registering a product with its manufacturer is the easiest way to stay informed on any safety issues you should know about.
To get a product registered, you can either:
- go to the manufacturer website
- use the 'Register My Appliance' service
'Register My Appliance' is provided by the Association of Manufacturers of Domestic Appliances, and is supported by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.