Inclusive cycling event at Joey Dunlop Leisure Centre
Wed, September 16, 2020
An inclusive cycling event will be held at Joey Dunlop Leisure Centre on September 26.
The cycling sessions will give participants a chance to try out the range of specialist cycling equipment available through the Disability Hub.
Given the current circumstances, a booking system has been put in place and we would ask participants to note the following:
- 30 minute periods will begin at 9.30am and stop at 11.30am (Three slots are available, from 9.30 to 10am, 10.15 to 10.45am and 11.00 to 11.30am).
- Maximum of 30min period can be booked.
- Following a booking bikes must be cleaned, so will be out of service for a 15min period.
- Maximum of 6 participants in one 30 min period.
- Bookings will be on a first come first served basis (2 x Small trikes, 2 x medium trikes, 2 x large trikes, 2 x hand-cycles, 1 x 2 person side by side bike and 1 x wheelchair platform bike)
- If a participant needs help transferring onto a bike the parent/guardian/carer must assist with this.
- All bikes will be cleaned prior to session, after usage, and following the session.
- Sanitisation of hands with the santiser available must be carried out by every participant prior to and after their session on the bike.
- Participants' details, or that of a responsible adult, will be logged for track and trace purposes by completing a form, and participants agree to being COVID 19 symptom free prior to any sessions.
Participants should download the full Inclusive Cycling Information sheet by clicking here
If you wish to book a time slot, or should you have any further questions, please email email@example.com.