Prams & Pushchairs
All prams and pushchairs (new or second hand) must meet BS 7409.There should be a permanent label stating that the item meets the standard.
You should make sure that the items you sell:
- are well built and stable
- have brakes that work and folding mechanisms which do not put the person using them at risk of injury
- have a safety harness fitted
- have no sharp edges, points or parts people could get their fingers trapped in and
- have a label headed ‘Carelessness causes fire’ showing that the fabric meets fire-safety requirements.
You should also provide the customer with any necessary instructions on using and maintaining the product