Building a United Community Fund
Building a United Community Fund: re-opened for applications
"Building a United Community” Fund has been designed to best support, promote and develop Good Relations projects throughout the council area.
You may find it helpful to discuss your project with one of the following officers within the Good Relations Unit before submitting your application:
Jonny Donaghy 028 2766 0294 Jonny.Donaghy@causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk
Joy Wisener 028 7034 7034 Joy.Wisener@causewaycoastandglens.gov.uk
This will be a rolling fund and will remain open throughout the year.
There will be 4 assessment points, each with a deadline by which applications must be submitted in order to be considered for assessment in that quarter:
- For assessment at the end of February 2017 for 2017/18 projects, applications must be submitted no later than 12noon on Friday 27th January 2017.
- For assessment at the end of May 2017, applications must be submitted no later than 12noon on Friday 28th April 2017.
- For assessment at the end of August 2017, applications must be submitted no later than 12noon on Friday 28th July 2017.
- For assessment at the end of November 2017, applications must be submitted no later than 12noon on Friday 27th October 2017.
Organisations applying for funding from the Building a United Community Fund will have to demonstrate how their organisation contributes to the Good Relations Aims identified in the Causeway Coast and Glens Council Good Relations Strategy 2014-2017. These aims are directed by a government strategy published in May 2013 entitled “Together: Building a United Community”. (TBAUC)
- Our Children and Young people – To continue to improve attitudes amongst our young people and to build a community where they can play a full and active role in building good relations.
- Our Shared Community – To create a community where division does not restrict the life opportunities of individuals and where all areas are open and accessible to everyone.
- Our Safe Community – To create a community where everyone feels safe in moving around and where life choices are not inhibited by fears around safety.
- Our Cultural Expression – To create a community which promotes mutual respect and understanding, is strengthened by its diversity, and where cultural expression is celebrated and embraced.
All organisations funded through the Building a United Community Fund must demonstrate how their project contributes towards the aim most appropriate to address the good relations issues in their area. Organisations will be asked to report back on how effective their project has been in meeting these needs and working towards the appropriate aim.