Full Council CommitteeDate: Tuesday, 07 Mar 2023 Time: 7:00 PM
1. The Mayor’s Business
3. Declaration of Members’ Interests
4. NILGA Presentation of the Councillor Development Charter (report attached)
5. Minutes of Council Meeting held Tuesday 7 February 2023 (copy attached)
6. Minutes of Council Meeting held Thursday 9 February 2023, reconvened on Monday 13 February 2023 and Tuesday 14 February 2023 (copy attached)
7. Minutes of Special Council Meeting held Monday 20 February 2022 (copy attached)
8. Minutes of the Planning Committee meeting held Wednesday 25 January 2023 (copy attached)
9. Minutes of Environmental Services Committee meeting held Thursday 16 February 2023 (copy attached)
10. Minutes of Leisure and Development Committee meeting held Tuesday 21 February 2023 (copy attached)
11. Minutes of Corporate Policy & Resources Committee meeting held Tuesday 28 February 2023 (to follow)
12. Matters for reporting to the Partnership Panel
13. Conferences (report attached)
14. Correspondence (report attached)
15. Consultation Schedule (report attached)
16. Seal Documents
(i) Grave Registry Certificates, No’s 5520 to 5543 inclusive;
(ii) Memorandum of Sale Former Glenariff Toilet Block, 120 Glen Road, Glenariff – Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council and Michael James Hackett (Ref LPSC 220907 /CPR 220927 /CM 221004)
(iii) Memorandum of Sale Former King George VI Hall, Killowen Street, Coleraine – Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council and Adrian James Norris (Ref LPSC 220907 /CPR 220927 /CM 221004)
(iv) Employee Car Loan (Ref 702-2038)
(v) Green Lane Museum- Roe Valley Country Park - Keyholder Agreement update (Ref L&D 230117 /CM 230207)
17. Notice of Motion proposed by Councillor Callan, seconded by Alderman Fielding
That this council increase fines for dog fouling, littering and other offences to maximum allowance of £200. This is following powers given to Councils by Stormont officials in the Department for Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs to increase Fixed Penalty Notices in December 2022.
18. Notice of Motion proposed by Councillor Nicholl, seconded by Councillor C McShane
I would like to put forward this motion for the next full council meeting as a follow up to my 2015/16 motion as mentioned below.
In 2015/16 I had a motion in relation to defibrillators, so this is an update to that motion that was passed then, with an added request to establish a fund for community / sports organisations to apply to. The British Heart Foundation can part-fund equipment, so I believe it is worth us exploring if we could establish a fund that would support this. I think this might have been established at one time in other Councils too.
"That this Council agrees to: Review and where appropriate, remedy its provision of defibrillators across its entire public estate to ensure no gaps exist in adequate service provision. This needs to include our leisure facilities, Council offices, Community centres and areas of high public footfall; Undertake a programme of training for staff who have daily contact with the public in the use of Defibrillators and CPR; and to explore establishing a fund for groups to apply to from across Causeway Coast and Glens to support funding this equipment in their communities."
Recommended for Confidential Consideration (Addendum Items 19-20)
• Addendum Item 19 Cushendall Changing Places Tender Report (report attached)
• Addendum Item 20 Covid Recovery Small Settlements Regeneration Programme (CRSSRP) Cushendall & Rasharkin Tender Report (report attached)
Audio Recording Council Meeting held 7 March 2023
The information contained in the following items is restricted in accordance with Part 1 of Schedule 6 of the Local Government Act (Northern Ireland) 2014.