Leisure and Development CommitteeDate: Tuesday, 17 Jan 2023 Time: 7:00 PM
A G E N D A
2. Declarations of Interest
(Adjourned Business Reconvened from 20th December 2022 at 7PM, Items 3-7 inclusive)
3. Minutes of Leisure and Development Committee Meeting held Tuesday 15th November 2022 (summary attached)
FOR DECISION (Items 4-12 inclusive)
4. Causeway Coast and Glens Heritage Trust (Report attached)
5. Tourism Events Schedule 23/24 (Report attached)
6. In Year Review of Grant Funding Policy (Report attached)
7. Greenlane Museum (Report attached)
8. Drumaheglis Marina Dredging (Report attached)
9. Outdoor Recreation Strategy Terms of Reference (Report attached)
10. Community Centre Fees and Charges (Report attached)
11. Sports Grants Programme (Report attached)
12. Ballymoney Environmental Improvement Scheme (Report attached)
FOR INFORMATION (Items 13-15)
(Adjourned Business Reconvened from 20th December 2022 at 7PM, Items 13-15 inclusive)
13. Leisure & Development 6-month Performance Review (Report attached)
14. Warm Welcome Spaces (Report attached)
15. Asylum Seeker Briefing (Report attached)
17. Matters Reporting to the Partnership Panel
19. Notice of Motion proposed by Alderman A McQuillan, seconded by Councillor McAuley
‘As we approach the 50th anniversary of the Garvagh bombing, it is felt that this would be an appropriate time to pause, remember and pay tribute. I call upon this council to place a fitting and permanent memorial on or near the Garvagh War memorial to all who served and to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. 24 Platoon E company (Garvagh Detachment), 5th County Londonderry Battalion, The Ulster Defence Regiment (Conspicuous Gallantry Cross) 1970 — 1992 and a plaque at bridge street Garvagh the site of the bombing.
20. Notice of Motion proposed by Councillor McMullan, seconded by Councillor Peacock
This council recognises the significant investment in rural communities and businesses, and the wider economy derived from the Single Farm Payment under the EU Common Agricultural Policy (CAP); agrees that CAP Single Farm Payments were critical to farm profitability, particularly for small family farms; is concerned with the significant uncertainty facing our farming community with the loss of CAP Single Farm Payments as a result of Brexit and the end of the replacement Basic Payment Scheme, worth £300m a year, beyond 2025; and calls on the British Government and the Minister of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs to set out urgently what replacement funds will be put in place to support our farmers and the wider agricultural sector.
FOR CONFIDENTIAL CONSIDERATION (Items 21-27 inclusive)
(Adjourned Business Reconvened from 20th December 2022 at 7PM, Items 21-23 inclusive)
21. Leisure and Development Financial Position (Report attached)
22. Binevenagh & Coastal Lowlands Landscape Partnership Scheme (Report attached)
23. 2023 Visitor Guide (Report attached)
24. Leisure and Development Current Financial Position P8 (Report attached)
25. Mountsandel Project (Report attached)
26. Small Settlement Regeneration Programme (Report attached)
27. Cushendall Changing Places (Report attached)
28. Any other relevant business notified in accordance with Standing Order 12. (o)
Alderman Duddy (business adjourned from 20 December 2022)
1. Admittance fees for pensioners (those in receipt of the old age pension) to Council’s leisure facilities, and in particular annual membership fees?
2. What initiatives or plans have council been involved in to improve Coleraine Town after Council’s endorsement of the bid for the town to become a City?
3. An update on the Enterprise Zone, including costs to Council?
Could I have a time schedule for the repairs to be carried out at Garvagh MUGA please.