Environmental Services Committee CommitteeDate: Tuesday, 08 Jun 2021 Time: 7:00 PM
2. Declarations of Interest
3. Minutes of Environmental Services committee meeting held 11 May 2021 (summary attached)
FOR DECISION (Items 4 - 5 inclusive)
4. Fuel Procurement in Depots (report attached)
5. Purchase of Additional Marine Fuel Supply Tanks to comply with HMRC Legalisation (report attached)
FOR INFORMATION (Items 6-13 inclusive)
6. Approval of Premises as a Venue for Civil Marriage (report attached)
7. Approval of Premises as a Venue for Civil Partnership (report attached)
8. Entertainment Licence Renewals (report attached)
9. Licences Issued Under Delegated Authority (report attached)
10. Petroleum Spirit Licence Renewals (report attached)
11. Street Trading Licence Renewals (report attached)
12. Cosmetic Piercing Business Prosecution (report attached)
13. Houses in Multiple Occupation: Quarterly Statistics 1st January 2021-31st March 2021 (report attached)
14. Correspondence (report to follow)
15. Consultation Documents
17. Matters for Reporting to Partnership Panel
IN COMMITTEE (Item 18)
18. Motorhome / Campervan Parking at Beach Road Car Park – Portballintrae (report attached)
19. Any Other Relevant Business (notified in accordance with Standing Order 12 (o))
Could the director please update the committee on plans to trial strimming smaller patches of land in towns?
Councillor MA McKillop
Can I get a update on when work will be starting in Cottagewood in Cushendall?
Can we look at all the bins across the Glens and replace the ones that is not fit for purpose?
Have we enough staff to cover all the grass cutting across the Glens area ?
Following a request which arose at the Coleraine Town Team meeting, can we extend Sunday opening hours for shops restricted to opening between 1pm and 6pm in Coleraine to between 12noon and 7pm during July and August? This is to assist in businesses coming out of the pressures of lockdown and to maximise advantages from increased staycation visitors over the summer.
Members of the public have raised a query with me regarding a large hot food van that has recently started trading near the entrance to the West Strand Car Park Portrush.
Could the Director confirm whether or not this site is a designated trading pitch for hot food and does the vendor currently have a valid trading licence from Council for that site?
If the trading is occurring on private land does the vendor require a street trading licence?
Does the vendor require planning permission to have a hot food van on the site?
Has DFI Roads approved this site as an appropriate site for street trading given that it is at a busy corner (Metropole Corner) and at the entrance to West Strand Car Park?