Leisure and Development Committee CommitteeDate: Tuesday, 20 Dec 2022 Time: 7:00 PM
2. Declarations of Interest
3. Minutes of Leisure and Development Committee Meeting held Tuesday 15th November 2022 (summary attached)
FOR DECISION (Items 4-7 inclusive)
4. Causeway Coast and Glens Heritage Trust (Report attached)
5. Tourism Events Schedule 23/24 (Report attached)
6. In Year Review of Grant Funding Policy (Report attached)
7. Greenlane Museum (Report attached)
FOR INFORMATION (Items 8-10 inclusive)
8. Leisure & Development 6-month Performance Review (Report attached)
9. Warm Welcome Spaces (Report attached)
10. Asylum Seeker Briefing (Report attached)
12. Matters Reporting to the Partnership Panel
14. Notice of Motion proposed by Alderman A McQuillan, seconded by Councillor McAuley
As we approach the 50th anniversary of the Garvagh bombing, it is felt that this would be an appropriate time to pause,
remember and pay tribute. I call upon this council to place a fitting and permanent memorial on or near the Garvagh
War memorial to all who served and to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. 24 Platoon E company (Garvagh Detachment),
5th County Londonderry Battalion, The Ulster Defence Regiment (Conspicuous Gallantry Cross) 1970 — 1992 and a plaque at
bridge street Garvagh the site of the bombing.
15. Notice of Motion proposed by Councillor McMullan, seconded by Councillor Peacock
This council recognises the significant investment in rural communities and businesses, and the wider economy
derived from the Single Farm Payment under the EU Common Agricultural Policy (CAP); agrees that CAP Single
Farm Payments were critical to farm profitability, particularly for small family farms; is concerned with the
significant uncertainty facing our farming community with the loss of CAP Single Farm Payments as a result
of Brexit and the end of the replacement Basic Payment Scheme, worth £300m a year, beyond 2025; and calls on
the British Government and the Minister of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs to set out urgently
what replacement funds will be put in place to support our farmers and the wider agricultural sector.
FOR CONFIDENTIAL CONSIDERATION (Items 16-19 inclusive)
16. Leisure and Development Financial Position (Report attached)
17. Holiday and Leisure Parks Fees and Charges (Report attached).
18. Binevenagh & Coastal Lowlands Landscape Partnership Scheme (Report attached)
19. 2023 Visitor Guide (Report attached)
20. Any other relevant business notified in accordance with Standing Order 12. (o)
In accordance with Standing Order 12, I wish to raise the following:
1. Admittance fees for pensioners (those in receipt of the old age pension) to councils leisure facilities, and in particular annual membership fees?
2. What initiatives or plans have council been involved in to improve Coleraine Town after councils endorsement of the bid for the town to become a city?
3. An update on the Enterprise Zone, including costs to Council?