Alderman Mark Fielding is The Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens for 2020/2021.
Alderman Mark Fielding was appointed Mayor on June 8th 2020.
The Mayor lives in Portstewart and was first elected in 2011 to Coleraine Borough Council, serving as Deputy Mayor in 2013.
He was elected to Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council in 2014 and 2019 for the Causeway District Electoral Area.
Alderman Fielding would like to see a buoyant economy return to the towns, villages and coastal resorts of our beautiful Borough as we follow a path of recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic. As a Councillor living in one of those resorts, he is acutely aware of how vital it is to see the Council area once again hosting events and promoting itself as a premier tourist region.
Alderman Fielding wants Causeway Coast and a Glens to play its part in the centenary year of Northern Ireland in 2021, encouraging as many in our community across the Borough to get involved in events and celebrations to showcase what is great about Northern Ireland and its people.
The Mayor wants to work together with the citizens of our Borough to help build a better future for us all.
The Mayor has chosen Alzheimer’s Society as his official charity.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Mayor
As Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens, Alderman Fielding has a number of duties and responsibilities, including:
- presiding over Council Meetings.
- promoting and raising awareness of the Council’s main objectives and priority issues.
- encouraging and supporting all aspects of life in Causeway Coast and Glens by attending civic and public events.
- receiving distinguished visitors to the Borough.
- acting as host on behalf of the Council and the citizens of Causeway Coast and Glens at civic functions.
- acting as a spokesperson to the local, national and international media.
- providing an appropriate response on behalf of Causeway Coast and Glens at times of local, national and international catastrophe.
- supporting and encouraging charitable and other appeals as appropriate.
- promoting Causeway Coast and Glens business, commercial, cultural and social life.
- promoting Causeway Coast and Glens as a place of excellence in which to live to do business and as a tourist destination.
The address for correspondence is:
Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council
66 Portstewart Road
Telephone: 028 7034 7010