Councillor Joan Baird is The Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens for 2017/18.
Councillor Baird previously served on Moyle District Council and was elected in May 2014 to the newly formed Causeway Coast and Glens Council. She was appointed to the office of Mayor in June 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Mayor
As Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens, Councillor Baird has a number of duties and responsibilities, including:
- presiding over Council Meetings.
- promoting and raising awareness of the Council’s main objectives and priority issues.
- encouraging and supporting all aspects of life in Causeway Coast and Glens by attending civic and public events.
- receiving distinguished visitors to the Borough.
- acting as host on behalf of the Council and the citizens of Causeway Coast and Glens at civic functions.
- acting as a spokesperson to the local, national and international media.
- providing an appropriate response on behalf of Causeway Coast and Glens at times of local, national and international catastrophe.
- supporting and encouraging charitable and other appeals as appropriate.
- promoting Causeway Coast and Glens business, commercial, cultural and social life.
- promoting Causeway Coast and Glens as a place of excellence in which to live to do business and as a tourist destination.
The address for correspondence is:
Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council
66 Portstewart Road
Telephone: 028 7034 7010