Councillor Ivor Wallace is The Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens for 2022/2023.
Councillor Ivor Wallace was appointed Mayor on June 7th 2022.
Councillor Ivor Wallace represents the Ballymoney DEA in Causeway Coast and Glens.
He has lived in Ballymoney for the past 35 years, where he is well-known for running a number of retail businesses including The Scoop Shop and Buds n Bows.
Ivor has been a locksmith since 2004 and he became a local Councillor in 2019.
During his year as Mayor, he wants to support local retailers and see local businesses thrive in these difficult times.
He wants to see events in the Borough that both increase footfall and generate an increased economic return for the business community.
Causeway Coast and Glens is the envy of all the other councils in Northern Ireland with our beautiful coastline, wonderful attractions, world class golf courses, great towns, and friendly hardworking citizens. Councillor Wallace will endeavour to promote our area wherever possible.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Mayor
As Mayor of Causeway Coast and Glens, Councillor Ivor Wallace has a number of duties and responsibilities, including:
- presiding over Council Meetings.
- promoting and raising awareness of the Council’s main objectives and priority issues.
- encouraging and supporting all aspects of life in Causeway Coast and Glens by attending civic and public events.
- receiving distinguished visitors to the Borough.
- acting as host on behalf of the Council and the citizens of Causeway Coast and Glens at civic functions.
- acting as a spokesperson to the local, national and international media.
- providing an appropriate response on behalf of Causeway Coast and Glens at times of local, national and international catastrophe.
- supporting and encouraging charitable and other appeals as appropriate.
- promoting Causeway Coast and Glens business, commercial, cultural and social life.
- promoting Causeway Coast and Glens as a place of excellence in which to live to do business and as a tourist destination.
The address for correspondence is:
Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council
66 Portstewart Road
Telephone: 028 7034 7010